Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Got to get going

Finish Chip's book Peak.  Good stuff.  I agree with it in a huge way.  I think Maslow provides a script for even more than he has alluded to.  Base layer.

Transcendance
Self-actualization
Aestetic Beauty
Need to know and understand
Esteem Needs
Need for belonging and love
Safety needs
Physical needs- food, water, air, & sleep

Schools needs to start at the bottom to assess their viability.  I would argue that schools that are working exist at the need to know and understand and above.  If a students is hungry they will not be able to work at their highest ability.  Don't get me started on sleep, a large number of middle and high schoolers exist right below zombie status.  We are a nation of under slept masses and we are reinforcing this lesson into our teenagers at their expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment